Website Checklist for Stagers
The number one reason home stagers fail is because their website was slow, dated and not personal...
In essence, their website doesn't "WORC" for them. This is why at the Home Staging Resource we provide wholesale websites for stagers in our Premium Website package and are always updating this product! Here's a quick video about our new amazing website technology that checks all the boxes in our "Website Checklist for Stagers":
If you're not sure what a website that "WORC"s looks like, here's a handy checklist you can use to make sure your website is not killing your business...
Here are more things to consider to get your website working for you...
Website Image Must ROCK!
Do you upgrade your cell phone every couple years? Then why don't you upgrade your business website?! Website styles and technology have evolved and what looked good a few years back, appears busy and dated today.
Stagers are in the "image industry" so their website has to be updated and beautiful!
- Professionally designed...not homemade!
- Clear navigation, clean lines and no more than a few colors
- Website must look great on ALL DEVICES (responsive)! Look at your site on your phone.
- Easy to read, consistent look and feel
- Portfolio's must clearly show your talent (see my how-to video)
- A hero image or memorable logo (see my "How to Make a Logo" Video!)
Optimized for Search Engines
What's the point of building a gorgeous and updated website if no one can find it? Using industry specific key words along with your location specific keywords is key to Google knowing where to slot your website in the billions of search results.
Websites are not an "if you build it, they will come" sort of thing. You have to navigate traffic to it!
- Is built on a WordPress platform which Google loves?
- Industry keywords that make it easy for folks to find you online
- Consider how you would search for a painter in your area and write down all those location specific key words
- Couple the industry key words with the location key words
- All of our websites have the best SEO plugin installed and keywords strategically placed
- Images that load fast, so that visitors don't click away
What's the point of having a gorgeous and optimized website if you don't collect your visitor's email address and create a relationship? On average, it takes 7 "touches" for your prospect to become a buyer.
People buy from who they KNOW, LIKE and TRUST. Does your website have those three key ingredients? #websitesforstagers
- Give something of "value" in order to get an email address (like staging statistics or tips)
- Have a blog on your website to build trust and credibility (see my 5 Essential Blog Tips)
- Always have a photo of you on your website - Take it outside in good lighting!
- Use a light box to capture new visitors or returning visitors
- HSR websites have a sophisticated, premium, lead generating plugin built in!
- Make sure your social media connections are at the top of every page!
Would you go to a hair stylist who had bad hair? An ugly or dated website automatically makes prospects believe you have bad staging taste....they will make the same connection. A beautiful website builds credibility in your work...
You may be brand new to staging but if your website looks better than a veterans website from 2013...you will get the client.
At the end of the day, your website is the most critical marketing tool you own. Taking the time to update and understand it will be key to your success!
Make sure to download our FREE “33-Point Website Checklist for Stagers” in order to make sure your website is helping NOT hurting your business!